over winter onion sets?

Hi All,

Since I can not grow onions from seeds, I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for over winter onions sets at zone 6B (39 deg latitude)

I found these:

Many thanks,

-T

do you want these for winter production of green onion tops or for onions next season (or both)?

if you want them for winter green onions then seems ok.

if you want them for next season's onion crop i'd wait until spring and get them then - at least then you are avoiding the winter conditions which might be difficult.

it says you can order them in the spring.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

harvest in the spring, as I do garlic

The growing season is too short and the hot weather kills them.