plant id, please

Hello,
I have a plant whose name I can't recall - can you help me?
It's got round-ish somewhat glossy dark-green leaves that are maroon on the underside, and it's doing well on my north side of the house. The leafy portion is about the size of a medium hosta, but it also gets a couple of tall yellow flowers shooting up about 2-3 feet. The flowers are similar to black eyed susans, but nowhere near as plentiful.
If you know what this is, feel free to email me directly!
Regards, Lori

Ligularia, probably var. 'Desdemona.'
http://tinyurl.com/25hstb

Wow. You're GOOD!