plant id please

I just moved into a house and discovered a plant/grass on the shady side of the house. It resembles grass only thicker blades and the root is small bulb shape. It grows in clumps.Once I started watering it, grew taller with no flowering or other growth. I live in Eastern Montana Thanks in advance for any information.

Reply to
bubbi

Posting some pics online, and linking to them here, would be most helpful.

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

I don't have a camera, so sorry no pictures. The top looks like "Monkey Grass" bubbi

bubbi

Then, you make it impossible to correctly identify the plant. 1000+ plants "resembles grass only thicker blades". Also, "bulb shape" is quite vague. It's either a bulb, or it isn't. Surely you know someone with a camera that can help you out.

Again, "looks like" won't do it. I'm not sure if Liriope spicata would be hardy on the "shady side of the house" in zones 4a or 4b. That's really pushing it.

Still, pics are necessary in order to make a positive identification, sorry.

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Thanks for answering anyway

- will look for a camera

Reply to
bubbi

Sounds like nut sedge. Yikes. Check out the nut grass thread above. I hate the stuff.

Reply to
Dimilib