Orbit 62001 Timer's Valve Won't Close

This is essentially my first time out with this timer, and the valve won't close. I used it last fall once or twice, and it seemed OK, perhaps. I used it briefly and at a time I wasn't able to pay close attention. I set it up today and pressed the Manual button, entered the duration, and the little droplet appeared in the window with an ON inside it. I had it attached to a faucet with a hose on the other side of the device. Water just poured right out the hose whether Manual was on or not. Is there some secret to triggering the valve? I put in new batteries.

I did accidentally open the compartment on the valve section thinking a battery was in there. Nope. So I screwed it back in place. Seemed straightforward enough.

Reply to
W. Watson