Chamberlain Garage Door Won't Close

Garage Door in question: Chamberlain 41A5021-1E ½ HP Security +

Problem: With the open/closing button mounted on the wall, it has started not closing unless you keep the button pushed down until it is closed completely. At any time during the closing, you release the button, it will reverse and open right back up. BTW, it opens with no problems.

With the remote (with fresh batteries), it will not close or even start to close at all but will open fine. When telling it to close, all it does is flash the light 10 times without even trying to close, even holding the button down like with the wall mounted button mentioned above.

Both of the above mentioned started messing up at the same time so the problem is most likely not the remote or wall mounted button.

Is this a known thingy or anyone have a suggestion for things to check that a humble idiot can handle?

Regards, Ed

Reply to
Ed

Hi, Sounds like control logic problem. Circuit or relay. You may have a cracked PCB solder trace due to vibration. Worth checking on that. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

"Ed" wrote

  1. Door does not close, light on garage door opener flashing:

- Check The Protector System. Both sensors must be aligned or aimed across the door opening without any beam obstruction. Remove any obstruction or align both sensors.

- Check for spider webs and/or dirty lenses. Wipe clean.

- Make sure both LED lights are solid on each sensor housing.

- Check safety sensor wiring and connections to the power head unit. Repair as necessary.

- Check for diagnostic flashing code "1". Located at the power head unit.

- Try replacing safety sensors. Retest.

Reply to
MasterBlaster

Your "electric eyes" may be misaligned, dirty or malfunctioning. You can also inspect the wiring from the eye to the unit, check to see if it's disconnected or broken.

Reply to
Rich

Check the solutions above, but I'll bet you can merely unplug the opener for a minute or so, plug it back in, and it will work just fine.

For some reason, my Genie decides to do this exact same scenario about once a year or so - the unplug / plug routine works every time.

Reply to
Squirrel

Rick and MasterBlaster.... It would seem that it was a dirty lens. After cleaning both lenses, the door now works fine with the remote and wall unit......

Thanks a bunch.....

Ed

Reply to
Ed

Hi, For that there is a card with IR sensing material on it. Very handy to check IR emitter andaligning sensor. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Thank you for posting this response. It fixed my problem. I was having a simular problem to the one the guy discussed and I unpluged for 1 minute and plugged it back in it made a click noise and worked fine.

Reply to
Sandie

Hi, If the power was lost split second.

Reply to