kitchen door won't close

I have fitted my kitchen

Due to having to encase a boiler I have used a full length larder unit and fitted top/bottom doors together so that they open/close together

Problem is that it/they don't fully close - there seems to be some strain on some hinges - there are four hinges in total and i think i will need to adjust all these to work together - haven't got a clue how to adjust the door so it closes

Any clues?

Reply to
JethroUK

Most kitchen cupboard type hinges are adjustable in 3 directions. I assume you have these type? I'd start by removing the middle two, then adjust the top and bottom ones till the door is lined up and working freely. Then add one extra and adjust that one till the door operates. then repeat with the fourth one. If at any stage you run out of adjustment range make small adjustments to the preceding hinges.

If by fitting the two doors together you have got them out of line then it might not be possible to get the door working smoothly.

All four pivot points must lie on a common line.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

In article , Bob Minchin writes

That's on for the wiki faq.

Reply to
fred

I was going to reply, but Bob has said it all - and said it well.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In my experience when the door doesn't close properly it is because the door is to close to the carcase along the hinge edge, try loosening the single screw at the back of the hinge and pulling the door forward a couple of mm.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

I'd loosen all 4 of those and see if the door(s) sit properly. If not, joining them may have caused the problem. I hope the OP's boiler case can still be removed. Last one I saw boxed into a larder unit couldn't be without removing the top of the unit (not easy given the KD fittings).

Reply to
Stuart Noble