Storm door won't close

My glass storm door won't close if the inner door is closed. It works fine if the inner door is open, so apparently the trapped air pocket is the source of the problem. Adjusting the pneumatic closers (there are two: One at the top and one at the bottom) will fix the problem but then the door slams closed when the inner door is open. I don't want it to slam. I want it to close politely regardless of whether the inner door is open or closed. Is there a way to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Reply to
Davej

Put a screen in, it's summer!

Reply to
trader_4

Leave the storm door windows (hoping exist) a crack open

In snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com by Davej <galt snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com on Fri, 21 Jun 2019 18:52:13 we perused:

*+-My glass storm door won't close if the inner door is closed. It works *+-fine if the inner door is open, so apparently the trapped air pocket *+-is the source of the problem. Adjusting the pneumatic closers (there *+-are two: One at the top and one at the bottom) will fix the problem *+-but then the door slams closed when the inner door is open. I don't *+-want it to slam. I want it to close politely regardless of whether the *+-inner door is open or closed. Is there a way to solve this issue?

*+-Thanks.

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus blog: panix.com/~vjp2/ruminatn.htm - = - web: panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm facebook.com/vasjpan2 - linkedin.com/in/vasjpan02 - biostrategist.com ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---

Reply to
vjp2.at

What about adding a mail box slot or dryer vent to the screen door?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Maybe something like this:

Dean Hoffman

Don't they all work like that?

Reply to
Davej

Like most things, there are going to be some that are better than others. I've seen crap ones that you could not adjust well, others that you could. The important thing is what are yours doing? If air is the problem, then I think Ed is right, the closer needs to go slowly at the end and also to have enough pull force to latch it closed. If you unhook the closer, does the door move freely and close and latch easily? Could also be a problem with the door, where it doesn't align perfectly, hinges need lube, latch needs lube, so it takes too much force at the end, which your closer doesn't have.

Reply to
trader_4