Lebelling my arboretum

Hello! I have just bought my dream home in the countryside of Englan
with a large garden. We are lucky enough to have a beautiful arboretu at the back of the garden. I would really like to label the trees her as there are many different kinds however I am not sure as to how t label them so as not to spoil the look. Would anyone be able to sugges a lebelling method?
Thank you in advance
Harr
-- GardenerHarry
GardenerHarry Wrote:

A small sign post infront, just a sign on one post - if that make sense??
Maybe with the latin and common name as wel
-- penance

re: Lebelling/lebelling
I would respectfully suggest that you not do any of the lettering yourself.
On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 16:23:50 +0000, GardenerHarry wrote:

This is a controversial subject with botanical gardens! Labels of course answer the perpetual "what's this?" questions, but some feel they make the garden look like a supermarket.
I'd suggest a small, discrete sign on a small post. Probably white type on a black background, using a smallish font size (e.g. 18pt). If you have the budget, engraved plastic will be super-durable.
Pete
these words:

Try copper labels, available in the UK from Lakeland, and Andrew Grace. Names are easily indented (permanently) with the tip of a biro. The copper soon weathers to a discreet matt brown and will last many decades. They can be attached with copper wire, but this needs regular checking to make sure it doesn't constrict growth.
Janet
Our local city park arboretum uses this copper tag method - and they don't put them around the trunk in most cases, they simply attach them to the lowest hanging branches of the tree - which usually hang far away from the trunk, minimizing damage as people pull down on the branches to take a look at the tags.
contains