Aren't most of the people of this NG already contributing greatly to reduce
Global Warming? We all (or at least want to) GARDEN and many of this list
will apply to most of the gardeners.
1. Organic Growers aren't using (much) fertilizers, insecticides or
2. Some Gardeners don't use any gasoline or fuels.
3. We strive to figure out ways to use water the most efficient way.
4. Any produce we grow means that it doesn't have to be transported from far
5. For the many that compost, we are giving the landfills less.
6. Many vegetable gardeners successive and some extend their seasons.
7. If we plant enough flowers and trees, we are trying to offset the buring
of the Amazon rainforests.
8. Our efforts do not require taxpayer money and our efforts from the
millions of gardeners world wide probably do more than all the government
We're having another spring that's three weeks late, so far. We've been
keeping weather records and recording migratory bird arrivals, the date
the ice goes out on the lakes and creeks here, leaf-out on trees,
various plant indicators and soil temps, etc. for 60 years. Last year
and this year are the coldest springs since 1959 and 1964. Those were
bad ones, too. The snow went off my garden beds yesterday. Normal ice
out on our lake is May 15. We still have 100% ice coverage. Etc.
Jan in Alaska
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.