Global warming and your garden

Page 8 of 8
"Persephone" wrote in message

Aren't most of the people of this NG already contributing greatly to reduce Global Warming? We all (or at least want to) GARDEN and many of this list will apply to most of the gardeners.
1. Organic Growers aren't using (much) fertilizers, insecticides or pesticides. 2. Some Gardeners don't use any gasoline or fuels. 3. We strive to figure out ways to use water the most efficient way. 4. Any produce we grow means that it doesn't have to be transported from far away. 5. For the many that compost, we are giving the landfills less. 6. Many vegetable gardeners successive and some extend their seasons. 7. If we plant enough flowers and trees, we are trying to offset the buring of the Amazon rainforests. 8. Our efforts do not require taxpayer money and our efforts from the millions of gardeners world wide probably do more than all the government programs anyway.
Gardeners Forever! ~tom
Add pictures here
✖

Good post, Tom. Thanks.
Viva la Revolución Jardín Charlie
Add pictures here
✖

We're having another spring that's three weeks late, so far. We've been keeping weather records and recording migratory bird arrivals, the date the ice goes out on the lakes and creeks here, leaf-out on trees, various plant indicators and soil temps, etc. for 60 years. Last year and this year are the coldest springs since 1959 and 1964. Those were bad ones, too. The snow went off my garden beds yesterday. Normal ice out on our lake is May 15. We still have 100% ice coverage. Etc.
Jan in Alaska
Add pictures here
✖