Global warming and your garden

Priceless!!!
The smirk comes up early in new book about our newest "dynasty".
Jacob Weisberg, editor of Slate on-line mag, has written
"The Bush Tragedy", which traces the Prescott, Bush and Walker families several generations back. VERY interesting analysis which goes deep into the Oedipal factor, and shows that W. is a throwback to the Walker side, rather than the Bush side.
Highly recommended for those interested not only in how America has been brought low, but also in our current topic, climate change: How leadership can either ameliorate or exacerbate the phenomenon.
Persephone

Some reviews of the book here.
<(Amazon.com product link shortened)>
One Way or Another 3:36 Blondie
Bill :))
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
Neat place .. http://www.petersvalley.org /

A good book for historians in a few years?
<g>
--
Peace! Om

Sure to make the beers go down quicker;-(
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars

Always one of my favorites. Unfortunately, I only have it on vinyl.
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars

Even the knuckle draggers start walking away when the provenance of President Monkey Smirk is about to be alloted.

--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars

Did you see the new Dish Network commercial where the actor portrays shrub and he is showing a remote control for the dish and he says, (paraphrase) "There's this button pawzay; that's French for stop!" The button was actually pause.
I laughed out loud at that one.
My grandmother was a VP at the notorious Walker family empire. She worked on Wall Street for fourty years at G.H. Walker (no longer exists). Hey, at least she got to use the lux box at Shea Stadium!
She's long gone after 96 years of life. They still send a Christmas card.

It's that other way that has me nervous. Hey ya know, how it goes, you never know what you got till it's gone, you take Paradise and put up a parking lot. Cool back to square one, except this time these is already a lot of hydrolyzed amino acids floating around. That should be helpful;o))
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars

Mother nature does not care about man...
She's a bitch that way.
--
Peace! Om

Who said anything about humanity? I'm thinking about life and the many paths that nature has taken to express it and assure its' survival. It took a billion years for the first nutrient sea to develop. Hopefully, next time recovery will start sooner.
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars

Oh I doubt that ALL life will be wiped out?
At the very least, the cockroaches shall survive...
;-}
--
Peace! Om

250C and sulfuric acid rain? Maybe the cockroaches should check with Steven Hawking, so that they can line up their boats:o) http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/2006-06-22-hawking-warming_x.htm
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars

Either way, the food supply is at risk... We live in a very precarious world for climate to support plants we live on.
--
Dave

"Dioclese" <NONE> wrote:

Soylent Green anyone?
<g>
--
Peace! Om

On Sat, 17 May 2008 07:49:36 -0400, "Paul E. Lehmann"
[...]

[...]
The real shocker is that the pollution generated by China's coal burning plants crosses the Pacific and has been reliably detected on the U.S. West Coast for quite some time now!!!
Persephone
Persephone wrote:

As well as the crap they are putting into the ocean. The are the biggest polluters of the ocean in the entire world.
(snip, snippety, snip, snip)

Citation to support statement please.
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars
Billy wrote:

Discover Magazine - several issues ago.
On Sat, 17 May 2008 22:24:58 -0400, "Paul E. Lehmann"

http://news.mongabay.com/2007/1104-china_ap.html
Long, but agonizingly descriptive of life for ordinary Chinese, as well as global consequences.
Well worth reading and filing. Addresses peripherally mercury pollution of waterways, ergo, fish.
Persphone

Seems the west was and is into this for a long time.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimney_sweep>
We are down wind and down water from Pennsylvanian smelters.
Still below is local
<http://www.epa.gov/region2/cleanup/sites/njtoc_county.htm>
Bill who lives in Franklin Township.