?? for Travis

Travis, I lurk here quite often and your advice seems knowledable...let me ask you a few questions, if you can't answer, then I'm open to anyone elses suggestions. This past w/e I put a weeping cherry in my yard..it is approx. 7' tall and has a stalk of 1 3/4"..I followed the nurserys planting directions and I'm starting to have concern over the tree.. 1. the leaves are curling inward and the branches are dropping, over all looks are "not well" 2. today I noticed holes in some of the leaves and irregular edges on some leaves..I fear some type of insect? 3. some of the leaves are turning brown I took a couple pics.. www.buffnet.net/~gntry/tree2 www.buffnet.net/~gntry/tree1
Take alook and any comments greatly appreciated. Thanks Colleen (I'm in zone 5, upstate NY)
DANIEL GENTRY wrote:

Thanks. I'm not much of a tree person but by the looks of your lawn it's dry where you are so have you been watering the tree? I don't know what eats cherry tree leaves. Sorry.
I have been ill (not seriously) and then my computer needed a new power supply so I have been "off-line" for a few days.

USDA Zone 8