Travis perkins?

Is it trade only?

And is there a price list anywhere?

Reply to
mogga

Mmm without an account just read feckin expensive until they want yr business.. Pricelists aka discount lists vary infinitely on their puters - make a big list & ask em to quote their "best" prices?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Pricelists aka discount lists vary infinitely on their puters - make a big list & ask em to quote their "best" prices?

Thanks - will do. :)

Reply to
mogga

Pricelists aka discount lists vary infinitely on their puters - make a big list & ask em to quote their "best" prices?

I've found most trade outlets pretty obliging when it comes to discounts. A local merchant gave me something like 65% off copper tube a couple of years ago, which worked out a helluva lot less than B&Q. There's always Screwfix/Toolstation ...

Reply to
Apellation Controlee

business.. Pricelists aka discount lists vary infinitely on their puters - make a big list & ask em to quote their "best" prices?

+1 but IME Travis Perkins are by far the worst in my area to haggle with. I literally only ever go there if whatever I need can't be obtained anywhere else.

They do seem to be first port of call for most local tradesmen I ever use though, so presumably that says all you need to know about their business model.

Reply to
Lobster

No you can go in and pay cash.

Yes an online one for registered trade users but even then the prices are negotiable. The best thing about Travis local to me is that they answer the 'phone and deliver promptly.

For bulk items B&Q 5 bags or more offers can beat trade outlets for things like plaster and cement.

Buying by the pallet makes big sense with sheet materials, shuttering grade ply drops to 50% of the normal price.

AJH

Reply to
news

On Sunday 19 May 2013 09:17 Jim K wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Put the B&Q prices (where favourable) next to the item, EX-VAT (because that's how TP work).

They should at least match these. Parkers BM in Tonbridge (who I like a lot more than the surely buggers at TP) do price matches without whining.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Am after wood - so how much before you get a decent discount?

Reply to
mogga

Is it trade only?

And is there a price list anywhere?

Reply to
Nthkentman

Rubbish.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

+1 and for unregistered customers.

I got a substantial discount on a spend of a few £100 and was able to order more stuff over the 'phone for next day delivery.

Jewson on the other hand... Asked if something is in stock "can you see it in the yard?" Totally feckin useless when it comes to customer service.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

They will sell to anyone. I find the prices can be a bit scary if I just wander in. It probably doesn't help if I'm dressed in my office clothes.

Might be better to phone them up for a price first. As a DIYer, I prefer to buy from places with a more transparent pricing system, unless I have time to phone around for other quotes.

Reply to
MrWeld

70 sheets 12mm ply to the pallet IIRC

Mind I don't buy wood from TP, preferring to get quotes from Covers, Lawsons and Mid sussex timber in my area.

AJH

Reply to
news

bollocks yourself