Travis Perkins Trademate

Has any got a trademate (no credit) account with Travis Perkins.

Admittedly I'm not in the trade but I do how ever spend between 5-10K per year on diy parts, and I don't mean fashion items, I mean real parts wood , sand , cement etc.

How much chance have I got of getting one of these acounts and how much discount should I expect.

Thanks

Reply to
Furby

Just apply, if anybody asks tell them your setting up as a handyman, more you but more discount you get.

Reply to
Dave Jones

I have a trade cash card which gives me 10 -20% off certain items normally esssentials (and you dont have to use just cash).

Reply to
Jason

I've a trade account (not in the trade, just selected TP as my primary supplier for my self build extension) and got quite a good discount across a number of items. It didn't apply to all products however.

Reply to
Reckless

So have I, but it still means that for a small player like me, TP are way more expensive than my default combo of Wickes and Screwfix. Even with 10% (or even 20%) off, I still only visit TP for obscure stuff I can't buy anywhere else. I also get irritated that prices are rarely marked, which is another reason to avoid like the plague. They are simply not interested in small players like me.

David

Reply to
Lobster

I only very occasionally user TP, and reckon you need a totally different approach when dealing with them. Ideally you want to have a target price and give that to them up front. TP's marked/web prices are way OTT,but in general they will give a decent discount when asked.. pretty similar situation with Plumb Centre, etc.

I reckon they will pretty much give a trade card to anyone who asks for it, they're in the business to make money and every little customer helps... especially when they get people paying their top prices.

cheers

David

Reply to
David M

They caught me with that one, they got my blocks down cheep, then wacked me 50 quid a bag for sand. I never go there now.

Most of the builders merchants are the same, I recommend you find a smaller company that cares that you come back.

Rick

Reply to
Rick