Flowering Chinese Evergreen

Thought you folks might like to check my blog for the pic of my flowering chinese evergreen. Well I've never seen such a thing in my life and it does look a little obscene.
Also, all of my gardening posts are now listed on the sidebar for quick access. Clicks to my cherished indoor plants are available on that sidebar as well.
http://patfish.blogspot.com/2005/01/miscellany-redbook-flowering-chinese.html
Pat Fish/Delaware
Visit My Blog: http://patfish.blogspot.com/
Howz it going Pat? looks like the flower of the Spathphillium, and the flower of the Arum lily.........(and a few more I can't name off the top of me head) really cool and quite an accomplishment when we get houseplants to flower like they do in the wild. I remember how thrilled I was when my Sanseveria bloomed the first time. And it was fragrant and very fairy like flowers too. Thanks for sharing! madgardener

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 00:20:35 -0500, madgardener wrote:

I never saw one in bloom! Neat! Like a peace lily. Thanks for posting this!
Tom
No the flowers are not like those of Spathiphyllum.
Agalonema are Aroids but the inflorescence spaths are small, green, hidden among the leaves and do not open widely. They are not at all showy and easily overlooked.