success!

i harvested the first lime from my Mexican lime tree today. this is an indoor tree in Snohomish, WA, and the lime spent much of it's life in very little sunshine (SW facing window with shade from a porch overhang, not to mention the 8 hours of daylight we get in winter...). i was told i'd never get the tree to flower, let alone produce fruit in my climate, but dog-darn it, i've done it!

i enjoyed my delicious lime with some Sauza Tres Generaciones Anejo tequila, and it was just perfect. i'd never had lime fresh from the tree before. i must say it's worth it. i'm hoping for a larger harvest next year, maybe i'll try to make some Thai chili lime sauce with it...

next for oranges! any recommendations for oranges that do particularly well indoors?

-kelly snohomish, wa some zone or another

Reply to
culprit