Flower-Plant ID Needed, Please

This grew up in one of my pots. I do not know what it is. I did not plant it. Whatever it is, it found its way into and overwintered in the pot.
It is rather cute and I am more than happy to nurture it, assuming it isn't some invasive weed, but I have never seen it before.
This is the plant. The upright stalks are about 8 inches tall. Dark green and purple. (that's my favorite rhodie in the background, just coming into bloom)
http://i30.tinypic.com/34sgdtt.jpg
This is the blossom head, about an inch across. As you can see, there are multiple flower buds on it.
http://i30.tinypic.com/2d91anm.jpg
This is one of the flowers - about half inch across and white.
http://i25.tinypic.com/2rq2akz.jpg
Boron
Boron Elgar wrote:

Looks like a Dianthus to me:
http://www.google.com/search?q=Dianthus+barbatus
--
Julie
http://www.miatoo.net
Boron Elgar said:

there
Most definitely some sort of Dianthus -- common name, "pinks" from the jagged edges of the petals. (Think "pinking shears" rather than color. Pinks most often are some shade of pink, and color was most likely named after the flower.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dianthus

After enlightenment, the laundry.
On Tue, 27 May 2008 05:51:14 -0400, Pat Kiewicz

Thanks to you and Julie.
I am used to dianthus with longer, more slender leaves and single flowers, rather than this. A new variety to me.
Now I am curious as to how it got into the flower pot, as I have had no dianthus of any sort in the yard for a few years, and certainly not this variety. Fortuitous seeding, whatever it is, as the plant looks lovely in bloom.
Boron

Looks like sweet william to me.
Janet