would like advice on garening and house plants

Hire a contractor to get rid of the tree roots.

Rent a tiller and go over the whole garden area. That should deal with the ivy, and aerate the soil.

Dump in a zillion quarts of peat moss. Spade it in.

Ditto manure.

Finally, without knowing where you are and what kind of soil you have, making suggestions on lawns is pretty tough. The best bet is to contact your local State (or County) Agricultural Extension Service for specific advice on the best local grass seed to use.

Sorry, I don't know anything about Devil's Ivy, but have fun! It's a lot of work, but the payoff is well worth it. Do a little bit at a time so you don't burn out.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Hi everyone, I hope someone can giveme advice, I have recently moved and have a large garden that has not been looked after for over 8 years, I am totally new to gardening so I would like advice on how I can get rid of Ivy, and old tree roots that are very deep, Also any advice on the best way to get my lawn looking good. I have also purchased some house plants and I have got a Devil's Ivy that is really growing well, I would like advice on when and how I can repot and replace the moss stick. Any advice will be great.

Thanks for reading my post regards Loraine

Reply to
loraine2209