Coffee plant dead?

Hi, I left my coffee plant (about 10 years old, 6 feet tall) in an partly sunny but unheated area for a few weeks and it possibly got below freezing a few nights. I brought it back in about 2 weeks ago and the leaves were still green and there were new shoots developing. Since then, all the leaves have turned brown and dry and the green shoots have turned black and wilted. Is there any hope? Will new growth sprout eventually or did I kill it? Thanks in advance.

Try pruning the branches back a very little at a time to see if any of them still contain greenish wood, as opposed to dry wood which snaps off easily.
On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 16:29:14 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

You can also ascertain this w/o pruning by scraping the side of a branch with your fingernail. If it reveals "greenish wood", all you need to do is keep it fed and watered, judiciously,and wait for results. Be sure it has enough light, natural or otherwise.
Persephone
<Persephone> wrote in message> > > Hi, I left my coffee plant (about 10 years old, 6 feet

It makes no sense to feed a plant with no leaves.

USDA Zone 8