Coffee?

on certain coffee selling websites the advertise "Green beans" can these be grown? Cheers, Ford.

Reply to
Ford Prefect

No thanks. I'm in a hurry this morning.

Reply to
FDR

See

appears that green (unroasted) coffee beans *can* germinate.

Reply to
Frogleg

Absolutely, we have several coffee plants growing in pots in our sunroom, sprouted from green (meaning un roasted) coffee beans. One point to remember though, the greens should be reasonably fresh. Ross, Ontario, Canada. New AgCanada Zone 5b

43º19' North 80º16' West
Reply to
Ross Reid

According to:

you can.

Reply to
Mister Fixit

And more good news, because the flowers are perfect, you can get coffee beans from a single plant. I get about a quarter cup once a year from a seven foot plant. ;-)

Reply to
Harvey Schmidlapp

Thanks for all that I'm off shopping :0) Ford.

Reply to
Ford Prefect

I'll have to tell my mom :)

Hershey used to offer sproutable cocoa beans (many years ago) but I never had any luck with them. Anyone here addicted enough to have tried growing their own chocolate? :)

~REZ~

Reply to
Rez