Hawaiian Ti Plant question.

How long does it take for one to bloom? Is there anyway to force it to bud? I've had one for over a year and it's yet to bloom. I did find some great watering instructions by Googling "Hawaiian Ti." The following is from two different sites:

Water Requirements: medium Additional Comments: Responds to high humidity; allow soil to dry between waterings; bright light will help to maintain the high color of the foliage.

********************************************************** Average Water Needs; Water regularly; do not overwater Requires consistently moist soil; do not let dry out between waterings.

I'm trying to figure out how to allow the soil to dry but not to dry between waterings!!

Reply to
Pete Kruzer

Cordyline terminalis is a shrub to a small tree native to Malaysia but is widely grown in the Pacific islands by the Polynesians for its many uses.

Unless you live somewhere you can grow it outdoor all year long (like Hawaii, southern California or peninsular Florida) or have a fairly large greenhouse, you shouldn't expect to grow a plant to flowering size or under the proper conditions for it to bloom.

Forget the badly written conflicting instructions.

The plant will grow best in a constantly moist but not wet humusy soil. Do not let the plant stand in water.

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........