Cantaloupe - plant from fruit seeds

Hi,

I live in Thailnad where it is not easy to just order things like fruit seeds. Could someone point me to a site or explain just what I need to prepare cantaloupe seeds from a fruit for planting?

Thanks,

Peter

Reply to
Peter

No preparation needed. This last summer I purchased a cantaloupe, brought it home, ate it, through the seeds out onto my compost heap...2 weeks later I had a at least 50 cantaloupe seedlings.

Brigitte

Reply to
Brigitte

Now come on Brigitte,

Don't forget to tell him about the secret fertility dance you did to ensure germination and a good harvest.

Or do you want to keep the ritual a secret from casual lurkers in the group?

Did you substitute a bucket of KFC for sacrificing a live chicken? Or do you prefer Popeye's?

Reply to
Cereus-validus...

For a moment, I thought you were about to describe a REALLY interesting fertility dance once described to me by a woman I've known since college. It involved a vegetable garden, but the rest....you'll have to coax it out of me.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Hmmm. Maybe you should describe the fertility dance you heard first?

If it is some sorority thing involving fresh produce and young co-eds dancing around wearing nothing but their panties, it could be interesting!!!! The garden probably had it bumper crops, if you know what I mean!!! ;-)

Reply to
Cereus-validus...

If the ladder won't reach the window of the sorority, then you can't elope.

-paghat the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat

OK. I'm coaxed. I initially thought it was weird, but after thinking about the recent election, NOTHING seems weird any more. This involved drizzling menstrual blood on the garden. This friend was involved with some kind of interesting Wiccan / New Age crew in Colorado, and this ceremony was supposed to produce 40' tall corn, etc. It didn't, but it was still interesting to find out what my old friend had been doing since we last spoke.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Now I'm not surprised that Colorado voted for Bush in the last election.

That University of Colorado must be a wilder place than I ever imagined.

If the corn grew to 40', I'm afraid to ponder how long the cucumbers were! :-o

interesting

Reply to
Cereus-validus...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in news:fSsmd.3957$ snipped-for-privacy@news02.roc.ny:

I don't know what the big deal is. I mean who hasn't overheard a couple of sorority girls talk about how to make their melons bigger.

Reply to
Salty Thumb