Time to plant seeds?

Oh boy...today I bought my seed starter stuff and some pepper and tomato seeds. It's one of those little 6 by 6 36 count Peat Tab thingies....I used these last year and they worked great. I just can't remember when I sowed the seed.

Thnik it's OK to do it now? I'm in south central Indiana. We don't plant the garden until May 5th.

My garden is small, mabe 18 by 15 feet, so all we normally grow are peppers and tomatoes. If I can talk my brother in law into coming over with his rear tined Troy Built, we'll triple the size. My front tine MGD tiller is TOO much work in breaking new ground.

I was thinking about one less row of peppers, and putting in a half row of onion sets and a couple rows of leaf lettuce seed.

Reply to
Brian

Unless you have spectacular, professional quality artificial lighting for your seedlings, don't start them until late February. They'll get leggy, flop over, and generally be depressed (and depressing). If you were growing chilly weather stuff like broccoli, you could start now.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

No more than 6 weeks before outdoor last frost date where you are living.

Reply to
JohnS