Victorian garden plants?

I'm working on creating a list of romantic victorian garden plants and really wanted some that would be authentic to the period. Anyone have any ideas? Blessings, Angela <

Reply to
PlantsBulbs

I decided on a Victorian garden for my Queen Anne Victorian - and after looking into what they actually prized, I decided to abandon that idea just go with more subtle stuff like daylilies and roses.

The Victorian period was a long period - and the gardens had a lot of what we today would consider garish - anything big, ugly, odd, bright and bold, exotic, and no subtlety and in-your-face would be a prized garden piece in Victorian times. The louder and the more out of place, the more the proper Victorian loved it.

Reply to
hob

I love some of the odd bits of the plant world - I'd have felt quite at home! C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Reply to
mleblanca