butterfly gardens

hello I'm new to this whole gwrden thing and I was wondering if there is anyone who could tell me anything about butterfly gardens.

Reply to
monmark

goes on and on.

Google is your friend.

Reply to
Travis M.

Try looking for info at your local library. You should be able to find some books dedicated to butterfly gardens and just gardening in general. Nothing beats the good old library for comprehensive information.

-Felder

Reply to
felderbush001

On the day of 9 Apr 2006 15:17:14 -0700... "monmark" typed these letters:

I don't know anything about "Butterfly Gardens". If the purpose is to attract Butterflies, look into a butterfly bush (Buddleja davidii). If space is a concern... Butterfly bushes can become quite unruly.

Look into Milkweed if you want Monarch butterflies. Monarch butterflies lay their eggs only on milkweed leaves.

These plants thrive and attract butterflies in central North Carolina. I don't know about the rest of the world. Do a little research on growing these plants in your area.

Reply to
Devonshire

Greetings, in order to attract and keep butterflies on your site you need to plant both nectar and host plants, thereby, providing both food and shelter.

There is a free butterfly online garden course located here.

Bob

Reply to
permafrog

I cut mine to the ground each spring. They grow to around 4'x4' then.

Reply to
J.R. in MI

What do you need to know? I am in the middle of planting mine down here in Texas and have done tons of research on what the butterfiles and hummers like. I'd be glad to help if I can.

Reply to
morninglori

I was referring to cutting down my butterfly bushes. How do you show the quote you are responding to?

Reply to
J.R. in MI