Besides eating,what else do you think pineapples are also good for ?

Page 1 of 3
Besides eating, what else have you found pineapples are also good for ?

Dunno, but I was told when I was in hospital after Christmas that I must eat as much fresh piuneapple as I could as it would aid healing?????
Judith
| Besides eating, what else have you found pineapples are also good | for ?
You can make an excellent bowling game with the pineapples as ten-pins and a coconut as the bowling ball.
pavane
|> Besides eating, what else have you found pineapples are also good |> for ? Throwing into saps.
Regards, Nick Maclaren.
Keith wrote:

When growing they are damned prickly. If planted closer-than-normal they would make a great fence for short livestock.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

A table centerpiece. A boat for a fruit salad A large holder for appetizers on toothpicks. A Hat for Carmen Miranda A container for Thai Pineapple rice An exotic drink container
I am sue there are many more uses.
--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)

They're a great ornamental if you live in the right climate or have a greenhouse. Didn't France's King Charles II give them as gifts to visiting dignitaries? So add doorprize to the list.
--
Toni
Hills of Kentucky

Is this a trick question? I've tried to root the top in the past, but it hasn't worked for me.
--
I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the number of
carats in a diamond.
<sf> wrote in message

"accent:" meat tenderizer. It's why the corners of your mouth can get a little sore if you eat a lot of fresh pineapple.

Yeah, it's eating you back!
Miche
--
Electricians do it in three phases

It's also why you can't put fresh pineapple in Jell-o. The enzymes in the pineapple break down the protein bonds in the gelatin and won't gel.
In article

Same thing with fresh kiwifruit and papaya. They all contain enzymes which denature protein. :)
Miche
--
Electricians do it in three phases

TMI about kiwi (haven't experienced that with kiwi either)... I don't like papaya, so no biggie - say anything you want.
--
I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the number of
carats in a diamond.

tingle) and I've eaten more than my fair share at times.
--
I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the number of
carats in a diamond.

They'd only be immune if not made from meat, I guess. :)
Miche
--
Electricians do it in three phases

Miche wrote on Fri, 18 Jul 2008 07:56:09 +1200:

"If the Juju had not meant us to eat people, he wouldn't have made us from meat". Flanders and Swann: "The Reluctant Cannibal".
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Or you can just pound your meat with one.
-paghat the ratgirl
--
visit my temperate gardening website:
http://www.paghat.com
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 15:59:30 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@paghat.com (paghat) wrote:

Hey, let's keep it clean here.
paghat wrote:

I'm sorry, but I am *not* beating my meat with a pineapple!