Subject Author Posted Replies

Preservative for cut flowers in vase.
Florists are damn stingy with those little packets of "preservative" they give you with cut flowers. What is that powder? And most important, is there a good preservative that you can make at home?
8
8

Weed or plant
Hello i have been trying to identify this for ages its getting rather tall lol [image: for any help if its a weed its a cracker lol...
7
7

Trees to create privacy?
Can anyone give me any ideas on planting bare-root trees in the Autumn time that would grow tall (or could buy tall/fledged) that would be perfect for creating privacy?? We have just had a load of...
7
7

What kind of flower might this be?
It looks a little like a Hollyhock, about four feet tall, just started putting out these big yellow blossoms. The leaves look unlike any hollyhocks I've grown previously. Any idea what it might be?...
11
11

Guess what I found in the Havahart trap....
Oh MY! I've been trying to get rid of the mysterious critter(s) munching on my garden by setting out a Havahart trap. I looked out the window this morning and noticed the Havahart trap had been...
13
13

Some Trees 'Farm' Bacteria to Help Supply Nutrients
1
1

New Garden(er), please help me identify plants
Hello, I've inherited a garden -a month or so back. I've been trying my best to keep everything growing and removing the weeds, but I'm unsure what the plants are and the proper names for them are....
8
8

SO jealous!!
My neighbor across the street has fabulous vegetable yield. Gave me several huge beets (I have NEVER had luck w/beets), yellow tomatoes, red onions. All I could give him was a few cucumbers from the...
1
1

ID this plant?
Bought this flower at Home Despot. Was no name on display. Everybody tells me it's TWO flowers, but I only planted one! Nursery says the open one is Petunia. Is it? What is the other one? [IMG] this...
8
8

Losing plant life two extremes
Oak scorch has been a very costly blight. I'd say 7 thousand dollars in the last five years. I usually do tree work but the large trees about my house or endangering my neighbors requires more than a...

Treating my lawn for Japanese beetle grubs worth it?
Japanese beetles have finally obtained enough of a presence in Minnesota that they're now decimating our shrub roses. Fortunately, they don't seem to be interested in anything else we're growing....
13
13

Squirrel repellents
I have a squirrel issue. They are getting onto and into my clay flowerpots to lick the fertilizer salts that build up on the rim of the clay pots. Any idea on how to deter them? I am considering...
14
14

Shasta daisies completely flopped
Yesterday, "rain showers" actually meant someone opened up a fire hose in the sky. My shasta daisies were almost 5 feet tall, and now they're flattened. I don't see any broken stems. They're just...
7
7

Newbie question, can anyone Identify this plant?
Hi All, I'm a newbie not only to this forum, but the whole gardening thing. ;-) I've just returned home after a day out a the RHS gardens at Wisley. Whilst there I saw a plant which I would very much...
2
2

Advice about Automatic Watering Systems Please!
Hello everyone ? I?m new to this forum. This is my first post. I?ve decided to treat myself to an automatic watering system for my containers. In the garden I?m making I?m going to have about 50 pots...