SO jealous!!

My neighbor across the street has fabulous vegetable yield. Gave me several huge beets (I have NEVER had luck w/beets), yellow tomatoes, red onions. All I could give him was a few cucumbers from the back veg area, w/ promise of Blue Lake beans when they get ready, and lots of lemons from the tree.

I have bupkis in my central lawn veg garden this year -- several pickings of Yellow Wax Beans. Green onions doing OK, but don't they always. Corn looking miserable . Had to pull up the Home Despot tomato plants; salvaged a few tomatoes. But last year was a good year! Cantaloupes, corn, beans, all kinds goodies. I think something nasty is at work this year .

But the back veg. area is doing fairly well, though watermelon & cantaloupe are taking forever to flower, much less fruit. [may be due to strange Spring/Summer overcast not enough sunshine?]

Did harvest several pickings of lovely, slim French green beans, and cucumbers bearing reasonably OK. Just planted seeds for more Yellow Wax Beans. Blue Lake beans heading for the stratosphere.

SHE giveth and SHE taketh away.

(That phony second-person Shakespeare/King James "...eth" is not proper translation of Hebrew., which has no "thou"; just an egalitarian "you". The "eth" may have come from the Greek translation (Septuagint). Thus endeth today's grammar lesson .

Reply to
Higgs Boson

sayeth thou you!

I bet your neighbor did your garden in during the night. Just to make you jealous with envy :)

Reply to
Dan L.