Warderfront

Reply to
Fletcher Madden

#6 looks like thyme.

In #9, the plant in the center-back is a carrot or possibly parsley. The plants along the left appear to be beets.

#13 is yellow oxalis, an awful weed. Get rid of it as soon a possible! Be sure you get at least some of the taproot.

Where are you? That is, what is your climate? Knowing your climate might help to identify plants growing outdoors.

Reply to
David E. Ross

#3 is hyacinth bean, Lablab purpureus, which if given a trellis or other support will produce beautiful vines covered with those pretty lavender flowers which eventually become purple pods containing attractive seeds that are poisonous yet edible upon prolonged boiling.

#4 is some kind of common edible bean.

#6 looks like rosemary to me.

#11 is purslane, an edible weed, growing amongst the beans.

#13 looks like an Oxalis of some sort, not sure.

Nice garden. Best of luck to you!

Reply to
Amos Nomore

> Many thanks,

1) lots of stuff 2) something gone to seed 3) beans #A 4) beans #B 5) dunno 6) rosemary 7) on the left a cucurbit, probably cucumber, middle something gone to seed hard to tell without seeing the leaves, behind with the yellow flower a brassica gone to seed and I think strawberries 8) a weed, probably mallow 9) silverbeet & carrots at the back possibly eggplant at the front 10) a small one of 5) ? 11) a weed whose name I forget 12) beans #B 13) weeds (clover) 14,15) apples and deer (YUM)

A few comments:

- This is an international forum and there can be confusion over common names.

- There is no mulch

- More organic matter in the soil would be good (organic mulch will help)

- The trellises at the back that would be good for climbing beens and peas are not used

- Normally I would say save the seeds but since you don't know if they are worth saving just pull the stuff that has gone to seed and compost

- Won't you be annoyed if the deer (or something else from the forest) take to the apple trees. Is there any sign of damage?

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Radish gone to seed.

Reply to
Billy

Melon of some sort.

Reply to
Billy

#6 does not look like the upright rosemary I have in front of my house, and it does not look like the trailing rosemary that some of my neighbors have.

Reply to
David E. Ross

- Bush snap beans, with a weed (lamb's quarter) on the right

#5, 10 - watermelon

#6 - The leaves/habit look a little off for rosemary but it is a herb of some sort. Maybe winter savory? Should be able to tell by smell.

#7 - some sort of oregano? With strawberries behind and weeds gone to flower (maybe prickly lettuce) in the midst of them.

#8 -- might be cilantro. Could also be broad-leaved parsley or parsnips (they are all members of the same plant family).

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

We need to have a smell interface on computers.

David Hare-Scott