Tomato disease in NC

For the last two years I ended up with leaf blight and because of the small space I have to put them in the ground I decided to use 18" containers this year.
To make a long story short my container tomatoes are ending up with cracked bottoms or they end up being black. I sprayed with daconil this morning but I am baffled.
I planted them in Miracle Grow potting soil and have them hooked up to a drip irrigation system that automatically waters them with 1 gal of water every other day.
All help appreciated. Thanks.

Cant't really tell from your description, but if the blossom end of the tomato shrivels and turns black, that's bloosom end rot (BER) Most of the time it clears up as the weather warms. Roma type cultivars are worst than others. Lots of concoctions on the market like Stop Rot but are of limited effect. Try the tomato problem solver. http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/tomatoproblemsolver/index.html
Thanks for the info. Looks like I've got Blossom End Rot. Now I need to find some liquid calcium nitrate.

cracked
but
tomato
Lots
.

Not necessarily. As the above mentions, BER is usually an early-season problem that clears up on its own. The most common cause is irregular watering, but as you say you have it automated, it may just be chance. Of course, that's no reason to *not* apply calcium. Get something you can save and use next year as a preventive measure.