Tomato blight

My tomatoes were ruined by blight this year, they were grown in ring culture collars, I have destroyed the plants but can I reuse the compost, ie put it in my compost bin?

xander

Reply to
Alex Saward

: :My tomatoes were ruined by blight this year, they were grown in ring :culture collars, I have destroyed the plants but can I reuse the :compost, ie put it in my compost bin? :xander Are you talking about fungus? I wouldn't be concerned. My tomatoes have done better than ever this year resisting fungus. Reason: I stopped all overhead watering. I kept the plants as dry as possible, only watering from down low. As a result I still have very excellent tomatoes hanging. Gonna have a warm week coming up, but have little hope for more after this week.

Dan

Reply to
Anonymous