Today's harvest

Page 2 of 2
sometime in the recent past Kathi Jones posted this:

I'm going to let someone else answer this, but it is milder than spinach when cooked - I don't know about raw.
"Chard Virgin," hmmmn? Sounds like something you might find next to a volcano ;-)
--
Wilson N45 W67

sometime in the recent past Wilson posted this:

Hell, I thought it was funny :-(
--
Wilson N45 W67

Wilson wrote:

I did too Wilson.
sometime in the recent past George Shirley posted this:

Thanks, that feels a little better :-)
--
Wilson N45 W67

Oh, sorry Wilson - I thought I had replied. Yes it was funny - I had a wee chuckle....
Kathi

It was cute but it didn't make me wee.
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars

Are they being purchased at that price or just being offered at that price? Just curious I know people who are willing to pay dang near anything just for homemade quality. Sugar prices bite right now.

Are you three finally getting used to each other?

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Check my new ride: http://www.jamlady.eboard.com
George Shirley wrote:

Let us know how she gets on please.

Yeah, raw. I just use the small leaves for salads. The chard came in a mesculn salad seed mix and took over part of my salad garden during the winter. Now I want the space back as I already have a patch of chard. Typically, when I cook chard, I do the stems first for about two minutes and then add the sliced leaves. I do this no matter whether I'm blanching the chard (6 - 8 min. max.) or sauting it with olive oil and garlic (until wilted).
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars

snips.....
This week we harvested some leaf lettuce and a few tomatoes and peppers. It's been a very cool spring here this year.