Neptune's Harvest

Has anyone here used this line of fertilizers? Sounds great on paper...organic, fish, seaweed, etc.....but with a 2-3-1 or 2-4-1 analysis is it strong enough to improve the yield of tomatoes, cukes, peppers?

Reply to
AlanG

"AlanG" expounded:

I've used it, it works well. I mainly use it on seedlings and young plants.

Reply to
Ann

Most organic fertilizers will have that analysis or lower.

In some cases that might mean you need to be applying more of them (that's especially true for something like composted leaves). Which is not a problem if you think in terms of adding to the organic matter in the soil, as well as just hydroponic-style infusion of nutrients.

In other cases, maybe you don't really need lots of fertilizer. Other organic practices are all about keeping as much fertility in the soil as you can, rather than constantly needing to replenish it.

Reply to
Jim Kingdon

Love them - not pure boost but really enriches the soil and the plants.

Cheryl Isaak

It's good stuff. Anything with the seaweed component is especially good.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Flora

I've used it in the past, and been happy with the results. Since my veggie yields were always so variable due to the weather, if the plants produced at all, I was happy! I've even used it on houseplants, and it does the job -- though it's a tad stinky for indoors. HTH!

Reply to
Cliff & Sue Drake