Today's plan

Today's plan: Go the the garden centre, buy some grass seed, some top soil, and two apple trees. Come home, use the top soil and the seed to reinstate the bonfire area, plant the apple trees, construct sheep fences around them. Today's reality: Went to the the garden centre, bought some grass seed, some top soil, and two apple trees. Fell asleep on the settee.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

That's ok, seed keeps ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Did they have to throw you out at closing time? ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

You've got something to look forward to tomorrow.

And the light drawing in is a good excuse anyway.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

good man

Reply to
James Stewart

.....and he can get a man in

Reply to
James Stewart

Yes, well, if your weather is like ours, it was not conducive to doing any outdoor activity yesterday except for about 10 minutes around lunch time, the rest of the day it persistently rained blue a gale and one even heard some thunder. Still the ground is now very wet, so digging a hole might be easier. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

How do you make sheep into fences though, Is this a special term from Yorkshire I am not aware of? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message , Bill Wright writes

Bit late for grass to germinate Bill. Several frosts already down here. I suppose bonfire soil will be warm for a bit:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Probably. Basically you knit them.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Ah but I couldn't sleep this morning (bad conscience) so I got up at six and worked in the garden until 10.30am.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Yes, I'm risking it aren't I? It gets very cold here as well.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I've started finding myself wanting a 'morning nap' now, as well as an 'afternoon nap'.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Maybe you missed the video on sheep fencing, it's quite a niche sport where two sheep sword fight against each other ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

I suppose it?s so popular that the venues are always rammed and ticket touts fleece punters who want a ticket.

GH

Reply to
Marland

Ticket price tuppence including free baa?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

tuppence,, clever. I grew up on a farm but most won?t know what ewe you meant.

GH

Reply to
Marland

They could always look it up

(say last three words aloud)

Reply to
Mark Allread

I hope it's not an arrestable offence[1] "looking up sheep" Shaun might not like it and as for lamp chop .... well.

[1] might be ok for vets
Reply to
whisky-dave

No need to ram it home! :)