Early Harvest

A couple of pictures from September 2.

Some of the winter squash vines had died out already so we picked the fruit. The larger pumpkins are still growing but the smaller varieties are ripe.

When we raked up the yard waste last fall, we must have picked up an elephant ear bulb. It survived in the compost bin over the winter and is now growing through the side.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

that sure makes me hungry for some roasted squash! nice variety in there.

the squash here are only a few this year. just a few hills went in and they were later than normal too so i'm not expecting a huge harvest.

:) life can be tenacious! :)

songbird

Reply to
songbird