The second coming is here!

Having survived the hot summer when they go dormant my globe artichokes are re-growing now the weather is cooling. And guess what....
I am going to have autumn flowers as well as the usual spring ones. I could get used to two crops a year.
Hallelujah brothers and sisters! Hallelujah!
David
David Hare-Scott wrote:

Gotta get around to growing some globe artichokes one of these days...
Even though totally unrelated: Looks like my Jersualem Artichokes are close to flowering now, at long last. Frost permitting... Also have Chinese Artichokes established - but have not yet tried them, no idea what they taste like.
by those who haven't got it - George Bernard Shaw
Jeßus wrote:

You live in a fridge, mine have been flowering for months.

I don't know them.
David

Quite similar to JAs, though smaller and more fiddley to prepare.

Is that NY WOG or New York Western Oriental Gentleman?????

And that would make you white trash?

See also Seed Saver's Exchange sooper sekrit code.
Gary Woods wrote:

Well that leaves them out as far as I am concerned as I already find Jerulsalem artichokes fiddly enough.
David
Gary Woods wrote:

The pics I've seen, they look like little white grubs :) The plant itself is growing/spreading like crazy right now... I'm starting to wonder if I chose a suitable spot or not to plant it - in amongst what are mostly herbs. If it keeps growing at this rate, it's going to take over.
My JAs are very close to flowering now. In typical unpredictable fashion, February here was pretty cool and we even had frost. March has been much warmer... quite a few days close to 30°, so a lot of things are still powering on. Even my tomatoes, most of which lost all foliage in the first frost are still alive, with the fruit ripening nicely. Oh but it *will* get cold here, no doubt about that... typical mid-winter temp minimum is around -6°.
by those who haven't got it - George Bernard Shaw

Geez sounds like Alice Springs in winter.

David Hare-Scott wrote:

Gotta get around to growing some globe artichokes one of these days...
Even though totally unrelated: Looks like my Jersualem Artichokes are close to flowering now, at long last. Frost permitting... Also have Chinese Artichokes established - but have not yet tried them, no idea what they taste like.
by those who haven't got it - George Bernard Shaw
On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 09:55:27 +1100, "David Hare-Scott"

Ha....I know all about you GlobeHeads from the Church of the Holy Artichoke, standing around on street corners and in airports, beggin' for butter and lemons, talking about the Second Coming of The Holy Artichoke...nonsense.
Isn't it?
Charlie
Charlie wrote:

Apostasy! The only True Church is that of the Flying Spaghetti Monster!
Bright blessings,