Drill hole in glass globe

I would like to drill holes into a glass globe.

The reason is because it contains a CFL bulb which does not tolerate high heat levels.

What are my options.

Thanks,

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Replace the glas globe with a plastic globe and drill as many holes in that as you want. At least that's what I ended up doing to solve the same problem.

Fake ID

Andy,

Youtube has many videos on this. Use a lot of coolant and make a few pratice holes first to develop your technique.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

If you are talking a small (5 mm LED) sized hole, use a Dremel with a diamond bit. Go slow and keep it wet. Practice on an old jelly jar or something.

Reply to
gfretwell

At the very least, wear safety goggles. And a respirator since you really dont want to breath ground glass.

Reply to
Kilroy

If you keep it wet there won't be any dust. I always wear safety glasses when I am doing just about any work. They hang around my neck on a croakie.

Reply to
gfretwell