New poster - a Brag

Hi ALL,
I just wanted to brag on myself and my vegetable gardening success. This year, I grew brussels sprouts. Everyone, including the nursery where I bought the plants, that they wouldn't grow here. I live on the Pacific coast in Oregon. It's too salty, they said for brussels sprouts to grow. I persevered. Strangeley enough, out of 6 plants, 5 of them grew to gigantic proportions. We had several lbs of brussels sprouts for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. I am amazed. I think I'll be planting them again this year.
Marg
pandora wrote:

This
Pacific
grow. I

gigantic
and
this
congratulations. in fact all brassicas come from a mediterranean seashore weed, so some salt tolerance was to be expected. Asparagus will also do well in your locale, but what else can people grow near the seashore? Obviously, whatever likes cool weather and tolerates salt. I think beet and chard will also do well.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've grown peppers (green and jalapeno) in past years but this year, for some reason, they didn't do well. Tomatoes of all kinds have done exceptionally well and we always get a bumper crop. It's fun trying out various vegetables to see what works.
Marg

Artichokes like coastal summers.