Peanuts! Where can I find Valencia peanut seed??

You would think with the internet you could find just about anything?

Valencia peanuts have been a big crop in New Mexico for many years, And was at one time one of the favorite for boiling- -yes I said "boiling". My two granddaughters 7 and 10, visit me here in Arkansas from Georgia every July. Valencia peanuts, if planted early will be mature enough for boiling in mid July and it is their delight. (mine too).

Gee Haw! Know what that is, it's the way you talk to a horse. Gee is right and Haw is left. I was just wondering how many of you have ever plowed a garden or field with a horse, or mule. I have!

If you know where I can get any of these peanuts let me know, Thanks Rogerx

Reply to
Rogerx

Can they bring a 50 lb bag with them?

Here is a place to start:

work the College of Ag at UGA, I can ask around or get you the peanut phd contact info if you need it.

John!

Reply to
GA Pinhead

None of these lists a web site, but they list different peanut seed wholesalers. You might try calling some and seeing if one of them can help you

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

Hi John, wish they could, but you are missing the point. The Culinary Art of boiling peanuts, requires that the peanuts be green. Only in recent years have people begun boiling dired ones, and of any variety. When the tourist boom began after WWII in the South the "Good Old Boys" figured out a way to make money year round off of boiled peanuts. I know, I was there.

Reply to
Rogerx

I meant a bag of green ones. The guys on the side of the road get theirs somewhere!

Personally, I can't stand them, but my wife loves them, slimy, salty...

Good Luck!

John!

Hi John, wish they could, but you are missing the point. The Culinary Art of boiling peanuts, requires that the peanuts be green. Only in recent years have people begun boiling dired ones, and of any variety. When the tourist boom began after WWII in the South the "Good Old Boys" figured out a way to make money year round off of boiled peanuts. I know, I was there.

Reply to
GA Pinhead

vALENCIA PEANUTS MAY BE FOUND AT

Reply to
sisterbarb

sisterbarb vALENCIA PEANUTS MAY BE FOUND AT canadianpeanuts.com

hope this might help u some

luck, sockiescat

-- sockiescat

Reply to