Where can I find Washer shims??

I need to get some washer shims to shim up a stile and rail router bit about 30/1000. I tried Google and Ebay with no luck. Any help please

Reply to
bdeditch

Found this:

Barta

Reply to
Joe Barta

Reply to
bdeditch

Ah, the fine art of finding things fast :-)

I searched Eagle America for shims.

(I must confess, I did two quick yet fruitless Froogle seaches and a search of MLCS before trying Eagle America.)

Joe Barta

Reply to
Joe Barta

The bdeditch entity posted thusly:

I just tried it on Google and got over 900 hits. The best in the first few hits is "Willie Washer" at

makes you think, doesn't it?

They have a rather nifty product that consists of a layered washer shim that allows you to peel off layers in order to fine tune the thickness.

Anyway, I just searched for "washer shims". That's all. You DO need to put it in quotes, or better still, use the Advanced Search page of Google, where the "exact phrase" lets you forget the quotes.

Reply to
Oleg Lego

might try googling for "machine bushings" --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

Reply to
bdeditch

Wed, Feb 22, 2006, 4:45am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@nospamgmail.com (bdeditch) doth looketh: I need to get some washer shims to shim up a stile and rail router bit about 30/1000. I tried Google and Ebay with no luck. Any help please

Interesting. I would possibly never have thought about buying such. First thing I'd have thought of would have been to make some, sluminam can, sheet metal, etc. If that didn't do it, I'd probably use a regular washer, double stick tape it to a piece of wood, and sand it down. If, for some arcane reason, that didn't work, I'd possibly opt for starter motor shims, which should be available at any auto parts store, in varying thicknesses, as I recall. Otherwise, I'd have asked the local hardware guys.

JOAT IThere is no vaccine against stupidity!

Reply to
J T

Reply to
bdeditch

Wed, Feb 22, 2006, 7:48pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (bdeditch) doth want to know: Yes that is a good option. but how perfect would you get the washer by using a grinder.

Dunno. Because I never mentioned a grinder. Re-read what I said. Besides, you're allowed to try more than once.

JOAT Don't make me use UPPER CASE.

Reply to
J T

Reply to