Garden Fence

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 16 May 2008 21:10:58 -0700 (PDT), MajorOz

I saw him few weeks ago on C-Span Book TV. Kewl!
BTW - allow me to slip in a plug for C-Span Book TV. All weekend, writers talk about their non-fiction books in hour-long well-designed programs at book fairs, or with intelligent interviewers. Great assortment, from L. to R. and in between. I always print out the program from Book TV's Web site,
http://www.booktv.org/schedule.aspx
then record what I want to view later on DirecTV. That way I don't have to spent a beautiful day indoors, but can go out into the garden and kill myself weeding and planting and watering and pruning and transplanting and...and... YOU know!
Also embarked on a project to replace the lattice-work surrounding the back porch (porch to ground) which has been ripped away by various gardeners and repair people. This involves measuring -- not my strong suit -- building frames, and nailing/screwing in left-over lathes from a 1973 bathroom remodel, which I stashed up in the beams of the garage. Waste not, want not!
Persephone
Add pictures here
βœ–

Hah....pc be damned.

I'm on my second batch.....not sure what the fascination is, but it just tickles the shit outta me to be brewing up this tea. The stuff is amazing.....I poured some on an old dead cat and darned if the old feller didn't turn green and jump up and catch a bird!! Watch for the big bubbles, per catdaddy....I got it now. Went from mechanics to mystery. Zenned and grokked and all that stuff! ;-)
My control groups on application went to hell. Couldn't resist putting everywhere. I'm using it and fish sauce on my transplants.
Looking at brewing a batch of nettle tea real soon, supposedly it greatly enhances the flavor of 'maters.
Composting never loses it's fascination for me. My last pile, started five days ago is up to 138F ...crazy science stuff, I tell ya'! Water to wine, it is!

Thanks for the reminder on the sunflowers.........I'm pulling them out of the ziplocks now and they are going in tomorrow.

Book report is expected in three weeks. It is on my list to purchase on next trip to Bigtown. Actually, we are going to a different Bigtown Sunday, but don't have time for anything other than visit to hospital. Mona's mother joined Ingrid in the Titanium Knee Club today and we couldn't shake free to go visit until Sunday....Omaha......god I hate that town......have some really effing bad memories from thirty-five years ago. Actually, I really hate any large town, anything like over 150 population.

"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." ~~See below.....Mencken
Charlie, winamp Marillion - "Holidays in Eden - 1991" - "No One Can"
--
"The larger the mob, the harder the test. In small areas, before small
electorates, a first-rate man occasionally fights his way through,

stinging nettle? i'm about to start pulling mine (before it flowers/seeds). if my 'maters would like it, i'll make them some tea. is there any way to make thistles stay in line? the goldfinches love them, but i really don't want them all over... lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there

<http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=stinging+nettle+r ecipe&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8>
From above URL
<http://nymag.com/restaurants/recipes/inseason/31788/
Just a thought.
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
Neat place .. http://www.petersvalley.org /

Take a look at http://www.pfaf.org/database/plants.php?Urtica+dioica before you start jerkin' them little guys.
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars

oh, i know, but i have too many in just the wrong places. i may attempt some transplants... i wonder if they'd mind being bog plants...
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there
βœ–
In article

BT is not expensive. :-) And it's not a poison. It's a bacteria that kills larvae.

Very cool!

So far, it's only hit in the 90's here, but it's early yet...
--
Peace! Om

βœ–

I guess you folks be the champions of heat. What was it? One hundred days of 100F temps or some god awful thing like that? I ain't gonna bore you with my petty complaints. Sure felt fine to point the spray nozzle straight up today and pull the trigger, though. Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm.
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars

Maybe in WEST Texas. :-)
I'm in the Hill Country.
It rarely breaks 100 all summer, but we have plenty of days in the 90's.
I did used to run a misting nozzle for my chickens when I had them. The coop was built totally in the shade under post oaks.
--
Peace! Om

βœ–

My experience has been that dogs love echinacea. They kept it mowed to the ground and when they could no longer graze, the bastards dug it up. That was the collies that have since passed.
The dane just mashes stuff.
Chalrie
Add pictures here
βœ–

We have ours in a raised bed. 24" high. So far, the dogs have left it alone and it comes back every year.
--
Peace! Om

βœ–
In article

We've gotten two good downpours over two days. :-) I'm HAPPY about that!
--
Peace! Om

βœ–