comfrey seed sprouting?

I bought some common comfrey seeds. I placed some in the lower refrigerator for a few months before trying all these methods with those and the rest not put in the refrigerator: I tried to sprout under glass (saran wrap) with some under lights for 14 hours a day and some in darkness. I've tried some in the garden where I want them. I've tried some wrapped in a paper towel moistened and placed in a sandwich bag on a window ledge.

Is there a trick to sprouting comfrey seeds? and no, I don't have access to comfrey roots. And yes, the thought occured to me that its a bad batch of seeds. ~tom

Reply to
tstovall

If that's Tom in the Republic of Texas, I'll send you some Russian comfrey roots. We have a whole bunch that escaped the garden and took over a wet swale on one of our hay meadows.

Is your mailing address on your website? Will the Dept. of Ag in Texas get made at me for sending you some roots without asking for their blessing?

Jan in Alaska

Reply to
Jan Flora

How very generous Jan. Thank you but I am not that Tom in Texas. I'm scouring the entire city for roots. ~tom

Reply to
tstovall