Wireless door chime

I want to fit a wireless door chime in my house - wireless because one room where I want especially to hear if someone rings the front door bell is a good way from the front door and I don't want miles of wire.

The problem is that the first room into the house from the front door seems to partially prevent radio waves passing through it. If the chime is in the next room, then OK, but if it's more than that the chime does not always chime when the bellpush is pressed.

Does anyone have any bright ideas on how I could enhance the radio transmission from the bell push so that it will activate a chime at a greater distance?

Regards

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

What distance does it claim to work at Rob? They vary - 25M at the bottom end up to 100M - but whether that takes account of what might be in between is anyones guess.

Anyway, I got a Doorman one from Argos for a relative, which worked three rooms away (50M claimed range) and cost about £20. Could always try one with a good claimed range and take it back for your refund if it doesn't work?

Might be worth checking any supplied batteries (e.g. the one in the bell push) and make sure you haven't got a duff one, if you haven't done that already.

HTH, Midge

Reply to
Midge

50 metres. But it does say that it may not be this much indoors, depending. I have to say that the room in question has always caused a problem with radio equipment. If I'm on the phone (cordless) reception/transmission become very iffy if I walk into that room. I don't know why this should be.

Rob

Reply to
Rob graham

Thanks for all your replies.