Whoops ! Wife not happy, I killed her Dyson

Whoops! Wife told me to clean the Dyson DC04 yesterday after I had used it and it had started to suffer from lack of suction.
Took all the bin assembly to pieces, washed it all and left it on a towel to dry overnight. This morning, reassembled it and a drop of water came out of the, what I can only describe as a pressure release valve (bit just above where all the muck goes in), so I put the gas fire on and stood the whole assembly about 2 feet in front of the fire. I sat in chair and fell asleep, when I awoke a little later, this valve thingy had melted.
Oh lordy, can I heck as like find a spare.
Anyone chucking a Dyson away..... ?
--
the_constructor

http://www.dyson.co.uk/range/access_frame.asp?model 04-SY-STD-BC
Dyson customer srvices?
Peter
Peter Andrews wrote:

Don't deal direct...go here http://www.vacuumcleanerspares.co.uk/searchwizard.aspx?maq6
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

for future reference go here
http://www.london-fire.gov.uk/

filters in it but it doesnt pick up nearly as god as my Miele. You are welcome to it, I am in Blackpool.
Simon
the_constructor