Whoops ! Wife not happy, I killed her Dyson

Whoops! Wife told me to clean the Dyson DC04 yesterday after I had used it and it had started to suffer from lack of suction.

Took all the bin assembly to pieces, washed it all and left it on a towel to dry overnight. This morning, reassembled it and a drop of water came out of the, what I can only describe as a pressure release valve (bit just above where all the muck goes in), so I put the gas fire on and stood the whole assembly about 2 feet in front of the fire. I sat in chair and fell asleep, when I awoke a little later, this valve thingy had melted.

Oh lordy, can I heck as like find a spare.

Anyone chucking a Dyson away..... ?

Reply to
the_constructor

Dyson customer srvices?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Don't deal direct...go here

The3rd Earl Of Derby

for future reference go here

Dave

I am just about to chuck one out or list it on freecycle. I have put new filters in it but it doesnt pick up nearly as god as my Miele. You are welcome to it, I am in Blackpool.

Simon

Reply to
Simon
Reply to