Whoops foundations...

There's a nice little farmhouse down a country lane I sometimes use, that recently had a 30' pole erected in the back garden with an approx 10' diameter wind turbine plonked on top. There were a fair collection of guy wires coming down from it.

I drove down there the other day after some pretty windy weather to see no more turbine and the mast leaning over at about 20 degrees.

Oops.

Reply to
PCPaul

HOORAY!!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If it really was 10' dia (3m, or something over 2kW rated) then that is about as small as is sensible to install in an a place that gets decent wind (ie not too near buildings or trees).

It will need rather more than guyed pole to support it though. Something that can be supported on simple guyed pole just isn't taking enough energy from the wind.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It's the tallest thing for a mile or so in any direction, apart from another farmers bloody huge turbine which is always spinning well.

I think they may have realised that by now...

Reply to
PCPaul