Stud wall question

I'm looking at building a stud wall and I am wondering what the best way to deal with the fact that the room is more than 2.4m tall. When I started I was thinking that the studs would just get cut and nailed top and bottom but they start off too short. Do you join them up at the noggins or is there a better way ?

Thanks

Reply to
Kev

Go to a timber yard (not a shed like Been & Queued) and by some longer timber!

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Thanks. I wasn't sure if they did it any longer. Does 2.8m of 3x2 and 2x2 seem possible ?

Would you use rough or planed or doesn't it make any difference ?

Reply to
Kev

=================== Rough ('sawn') is best for this purpose. 4.2 metre length is quite a common standard length and any decent timber merchant will deliver.

Do your measurements so that you can cut the 4.2 metre length to your required length of 2.8 metres and the offcut will give you 3 or 4 noggins and very little waste.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Well within my timber yards stock profile

Rough sawn will be cheaper

HTH

John

Reply to