I was after some hardboard, but my local store says the only have 3mm MDF. I want it to level a floor.When I have used hardboard in the past I give it a brush with water , then leave to dry before putting on the floor. Is 3mm MDF suitable for the same job? If so do I need to prepare it in any way. I`m told it is smooth on both sides , so I don`t know if treating with water will be any good with it?