grp problem

Six months ago I hung a new GRP garage door. A couple of weeks ago I noticed it had bowed but the manufacturer's 'engineer' and their website say GRP can't "shrink, rust, warp etc." But this one has quite definately and quite badly. If this isn't supposed to happen, can anyone suggest why it has? Many thanks.
brother.bill wrote:

Driving the car out with the door shut? ;o)
JW
what's GRP?
| Six months ago I hung a new GRP garage door. A couple of weeks ago I noticed | it had bowed but the manufacturer's 'engineer' and their website say GRP | can't "shrink, rust, warp etc." But this one has quite definately and quite | badly. If this isn't supposed to happen, can anyone suggest why it has? | Many thanks. | |

Glass reinforced plastic - used to be used to make dingies decades ago IIRC - may still be...
--
Martin

(Remove barrier to reply)
On Fri, 13 May 2005 16:19:55 GMT, "Martin"

Known as 'Laminated Plastic'
Also shower trays, baths & ' plastic pigs' AKA Reliant Robins!
Don.
This was called glass fibre.
| > | Six months ago I hung a new GRP garage door. A couple of weeks ago I | > noticed | > | it had bowed but the manufacturer's 'engineer' and their website say GRP | > | can't "shrink, rust, warp etc." But this one has quite definately and | > quite | > | badly. If this isn't supposed to happen, can anyone suggest why it has? | > | Many thanks. | > | | > | | | Glass reinforced plastic - used to be used to make dingies decades ago | IIRC - may still be... | | -- | Martin | | (Remove barrier to reply) | |