fascias, soffits, guttering upvc replacement

Hi guys i wounder if you can help me. The house that I live in is about 15 years old and the facias , and soffits are needing painting and parts are going a little rottern so i thought about UPVC replacements. I have been told there are two ways to do this 1, either pull off the old boads and replace with upvc or 2, to cap the existing wood with upvc. Could you guys please tell me if capping is ok ? and also what should I be paying for each way to supply and fit ? The dimentions of my house are 9 * 8 meters 4 bed detached with gable ends at each end.

Thanks very much Julian

Reply to
rasler

Thanks very much Julian

I am just a layman but it seems to me that, if the wood is rotting in places, the last thing you want to do is cap it and leave the rotten wood in place.

Keith

Reply to
Keith

Thanks very much Julian

I am just a layman but it seems to me that, if the wood is rotting in places, the last thing you want to do is cap it and leave the rotten wood in place.

Keith

Agreed, don't hide the problem but fix it. I also live in a 4 bedroom detached house and had all the old wood pulled off and replaced with UPVC for under £3000. Look at small independent companies for the best deals and ask for some names and addresses of recent work done so you can check their work. My installation came with an insurance backed 10 year guarantee. If you live close to Luton I know just the company to do the work.

Reply to
informer