Dashboard reflection in car windscreen

Any ideas on how to reduce/eliminate reflection of media console and steering wheel column housing in a car windscreen? I'm keen to buy a Honda Jazz but on test driving I found the reflections really intrusive. The rest of the dashboard is made from a different, non-reflective material.
Di

Honda
rest
I used abrasive on the upper dash of out Rover saloon, I think I used T cut. Took most of the reflections away. TonyB
some of the dash aerosol cleaners you can buy, say if you want a matt finish to wipe off virtually straight away & NOT WAIT. Unsure if work on already shiny surface
Put a piece of matt black non-slip rubber matting (as used by woodworkers to hold workpiece being routed) on to dash. Cut to size.

A copy of the Sun on the dash. Well it works for white van man.
Steve
snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com says...

I had the same problem in (don't laugh) much loved Allegro. Used hair- spray in the end, which dulled the surface enough to stop it reflecting.
--
Roland Butter :- There\'s nothing like a knob of butter.