Dashboard Stains

I bought a piece of clear window film (flex-o-glass) to cover the dashboard of my new Murano to protect it from my dog's claws. It was left on for several days and when I removed it it appeared the vinyl had darkened slightly wherever there was contact. As the film has a slightly tacky feel (it sticks to itself slightly) either there was a transfer of the surface coating or a chemical reaction between the two plastics. Water will not remove the stain, but I haven't tried anything else until I hear from the "experts." Can anything be done to remove the stain? Thanks. Frank P.S. This is not the same type of plastic sheeting used in drop cloths.

Reply to
frank1492

It may well be a chemical migration between the two plastics, especially if it was in the hot sun. If that is the case, nothing will remove it. I'd not use a solvent based cleaner as it can make it even worse. Something like

409 may be OK. You may want to contact the company for some ideas. Contact Information Flex-O-Glass, Inc. Film Div. 1100 N. Cicero Ave. Chicago IL 60651 United States 773-379-7878 (phone)
Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You might try parking it in the hot sun and hope the problem bakes away.

Reply to
Art